If you're having trouble with VidAngel on your Android TV, here are some things that can help:
- Can't find the VidAngel app on Android TV
- Not compatible error
- Verification issues
- Connection issues
- Playback issues
- Still having trouble?
Can't Find the VidAngel App on Android TV
Device is Too Old
Your Android TV needs to be at least version 8.0 in order to install the VidAngel app. You can go to Android TV Support if you need assistance identifying your Android TV device.
Outside the United States
We cannot support our service outside of the United States, so you will not be able to find or install the app on your Android TV if you are in another country.
Not Compatible Error
If you're trying to download the VidAngel app and you receive an error about it not being compatible, that may mean you're trying to download an old version of our app. We have removed this app, but if you ever installed it in the past it will still be in your Google account directory. Make sure you are trying to download the "VidAngel TV" app (versus just "VidAngel").
If your show won't verify on your Android TV, check out one of these:
- Mature Netflix shows won't verify
- Amazon Video rental or purchase is not working
- Error: Provider has blocked the video
- Error: Invalid Credentials
- Error: Credentials do not have access
For Android TV, you will not connect in the app itself but will sync your connection from our mobile app or the website: Connect streaming services on the Android TV app
If you're having trouble connecting to a streaming service on VidAngel, go here for help: Trouble Connecting to Streaming Services
Buffering or Freezing
Check out Show is buffering
Check for Updates and Reboot your Android TV
Instructions will be different depending on your device. Please contact Android TV Support if you need help with this.
Clear the Cache of the VidAngel App
- Go into Settings > Apps > See All Apps.
- Scroll down to VidAngel and click on it.
- You'll see the option to clear cache and clear app data. Click on both of those.
- Now you can go back into the home page of your device app and open VidAngel (you'll need to log back into your account).
Still Having Trouble?
Check out our in-depth troubleshooting: In-Depth Troubleshooting