If you're having trouble with VidAngel on your Fire TV, here are some things that can help:
- Can't find the VidAngel app on Fire TV
- App crashes when trying to update
- Verification issues
- Connection issues
- Playback issues
- Trouble with casting
- Still having trouble?
Can't Find the VidAngel App on Fire TV
Not in the Amazon store
The VidAngel Fire TV app is not in the Amazon store. You can find instructions on how to manually install it here: Watch on Fire TV
Device is Too Old
Your Fire TV needs to be at least a 3rd generation with Fire OS 6 in order to install the VidAngel app. You can go to Amazon Support if you need assistance identifying your Fire TV device.
Outside the United States
We cannot support our service outside of the United States, so you will not be able to find or install the app on your Fire TV if you are in another country.
App crashes when trying to update
We discovered a bug in our code that has caused a small percentage of our Fire TV users (lucky you!) to get stuck in a crashing loop when pushing an update. We believe we've fixed this, but you will need to uninstall and then reinstall the app to get the update and out of the crashing loop.
- On your Fire TV, go to Applications.
- Select Manage Installed Applications.
- Select VidAngel.
- Select Uninstall.
- Open the Downloader app (that orange app you used to get the VidAngel app in the first place)
- In the URL bar, type vidangel.app
- Confirm the Install and the updated VidAngel app is now back on your device!
If you continue to be a "lucky" customer and it's still crashing, please:
- Clear the VidAngel app's cache and data
- To clear the cache and data, go to Applications > Manage Installed Applications > VidAngel > choose Clear cache and then Clear data.
- Uninstall/reinstall again
- Restart/reboot your Fire TV.
If your show won't verify on your Fire TV, you may have an old BETA version. An easy to know if you have the old version is if you have PROFILE on the top menu bar. The old version does not have this. If you have an old version you will need to uninstall that app and re-install our current Fire TV app. Here's how: Watch on Fire TV
If you're having other verification issues, check out one of these articles:
- Mature Netflix shows won't verify
- Amazon Video rental or purchase is not working
- Error: Provider has blocked the video
- Error: Invalid Credentials
- Error: Credentials do not have access
For Fire TV, you will not connect in the app itself but will sync your connection from our mobile app or the website: Connect streaming services on the Fire TV app
If you're having trouble connecting to a streaming service on VidAngel, go here for help: Trouble Connecting to Streaming Services
Buffering or Freezing
Check out Show is buffering
Check for updates on your Fire TV
You should be able to check for updates by going to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for System Updates. If that doesn't work, please contact Amazon Support for instructions.
Reboot your Fire TV
You can restart the Fire TV by unplugging it or manually restarting it. You can restart it by going to Settings > My Fire TV > Restart. If that doesn't work, please contact Amazon Support for instructions.
Trouble With Casting
If you're having trouble using casting, you'll find help here: Can't cast to Fire TV or Firestick
Still Having Trouble?
Check out our in-depth troubleshooting: In-Depth Troubleshooting