If your verification is stuck/frozen or you get an error message about bad credentials, such as, "Your credentials do not seem to be valid; please try reconnecting your streaming service." that likely just means the connection to your streaming service has gone stale and needs to be refreshed. This could have happened because you have too many verifications or you've reached your screen limit through your services.
|NOTE: If you're getting this error often, please check out Services keep disconnecting|
Verifying a title means that you are telling the streaming service that you are ready to watch that show now (see: Why does each show need to verify?). If too many requests come through too close together, they may flag your account for fraudulent activity and this can cause the verifications to fail.
You can manage your verifications on the movie's information page or, if it's an episode, you can go to the top of the VidAngel website and click "Watchlist" and then "Verifications." Delete the verifications and refresh your connection (see the steps below).
MOVIE INFORAMATION PAGE
WATCHLIST > VERIFICATIONS
Please verify the correct login credentials and refresh the connection:
- Disconnect the streaming service in VidAngel:
- Mobile app:
- Tap “Me” on the bottom menu.
- Select “Link Streaming Services.”
- Disconnect the service by tapping the toggle button.
- After it's disconnected, please hard/force close the app (this is especially important on iOS devices).
- Click "Profile"
- Select "Link Services" (or here is a direct link: https://www.vidangel.com/services).
- Disconnect the service by clicking the toggle button.
- Mobile app:
- Using a web browser (not the apps), go directly to www.amazon.com, www.netflix.com, and/or tv.apple.com and log out and then log back in to your account in order to initiate a brand new session with them.
- Return to VidAngel on the mobile app or website and reconnect to your streaming service(s): Connect Services
Check Screen Limits
Many streaming services have a limited number of screens you can use, depending on your plan with them. If all of the allowed screens are in use, your movie won’t play through VidAngel. The best way to check is to go directly to the service and try to play the show there.
Still getting the Error?
If you've completed all these steps and are still getting the error, contact us so we can see if there's a problem on our end.