If you're having trouble with VidAngel on your Apple TV, here are some things that can help:
- Are you not able to find the app on your Apple TV?
If you're not in the United States, please be aware that we cannot formally support our service outside of the U.S., so you will not be able to install the app on your Apple TV.
- Are you trying to Airplay to your Apple TV? If so, go here for help: Troubleshoot Airplay
- Is your Apple TV 4th generation or newer, with a software version of at least tvOS 9.0?
If it's too old then you won't' be able to use the VidAngel Apple TV app.
- Check if the Apple TV needs an update.
You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software
- Reboot the Apple TV
You can restart it by unplugging it or manually restart it by going to Settings > System > Restart
- Reboot your router / modem. Often times a good reboot helps!
- Verify that your Apple TV is receiving a strong internet signal.
We recommend 25 Mbps or higher to use VidAngel. Because of the use of our filters, you'll need a higher speed than with other movie streaming platforms. You can test your speed at fast.com This site is specific to movie streaming.
If possible, be sure to test your internet speed on the device you are using with VidAngel. Even so-called high-speed internet connections can run much slower than you expect and can vary from individual devices. Keep in mind that many internet providers throttle your internet for streaming movies.
- Do you use any parental network limiting devices or programs like NetNanny, Covenant Eyes, Clean Router, NetGear Parental Control router, Disney Circle, etc? If so, please make sure that VidAngel is on the approved list / whitelisted.
- If you're having trouble connecting to Amazon or Netflix, go here: Why won't my Netflix or Amazon connect?
- If you're having trouble getting a show to play, check out one of these:
My show is not working - Troubleshooting Tips
Why won't my show verify?
Why won't my mature Netflix show verify?
Why is my Amazon rental or purchase not working?
What does an error with a RETRY button mean?
Why am I being asked for a PIN?