There are two different ways you can use your Apple TV to filter with VidAngel:
- You can download the VidAngel app onto your Apple TV
To read about this method, go here: Watch VidAngel on AppleTV
- You can use your VidAngel mobile app (iOS only) to Airplay to your TV (instructions below)
Our Apple TV app requires a 4th Generation Apple TV or newer. To AirPlay to your Apple TV from the VidAngel app, it MUST be from another Apple device--it will not work with an Android.
Before starting the casting process, make sure your that your mobile's permissions are updated and your mobile device is on the same WiFi as your Apple TV. This step is important! The devices cannot "see" each other if they are not on the same WiFi network. Dual-Band routers offer both a 2.4 and a 5 GHz signal - please be sure both devices are on the same one.
- Download iOS app here. Or search for "VidAngel" in the iTunes Store
If you need more instructions for this you can go here: Watch VidAngel on an Android or iOS mobile device
- Pick your show and set your filters, and select "WATCH WITH AMAZON (or Netflix)"
- The movie/episode will then verify.
- Once your title has verified, selected SEND TO TV. This will open the casting tab to allow you to decide which device you would like to cast to.
You can choose to select WATCH NOW to watch it on your mobile device.
- Select Apple TV from the menu
- After Apple TV is selected (checkmark next to it) simply tap anywhere on the screen outside of that box to continue
- Press the Play/Pause button and hold it for a full second or two. The screen may flash for several seconds. Please just allow it to complete the process of flashing. We are working on making this part a little more smooth.
- After the movie starts on your TV, you will be able to control the movie using your phone OR you can use the Apple TV remote. While AirPlaying to an Apple TV the VidAngel app must remain open and active.
- If you want to disconnect the movie from the TV device, you can easily do this by tapping on Disconnect.
If you're having trouble using Airplay with our app, you can go here for help: Troubleshoot Airplay