You can use VidAngel on your Apple TV by casting to it from our iOS mobile app. Please know that casting to Apple TV will not work if you are using an Android device.
Before starting the casting process, make sure you have the most updated version of our app on your iOS device and that your iPhone or iPad is on the same WIFI as your Apple TV, (see Cast to your TV from the mobile app).
- Connect services on the iOS app
- Cast to your Apple TV
- Watching on Apple TV
- Prefer to not cast?
- Having trouble?
Connect Services on the iOS App
- Download the VidAngel iOS app.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Watch on a phone or tablet
- In the VidAngel mobile app, click "Me" on the bottom menu and then "Manage Streaming Services"
- Connect to your service subscriptions by clicking the toggle button. Log into your streaming service account using your credentials for that specific service.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Connect streaming services on the mobile app
You’re doing great! When you are connected to your streaming services on the iOS app you are ready to cast the VidAngel app to your Apple TV.
Cast to Your Apple TV
- Find something you would like to watch, set your filters, and then tap on the "Watch with [Service]" button.
- The movie/episode will then verify.
- Once your title has been verified, select "Send to TV"
This will open the casting tab to allow you to decide which device you would like to cast to. You can choose to select "Watch Now" instead to watch directly on your mobile device.
- Select Apple TV.
This will bring up a list of available Apple TVs on your network. Select the Apple TV you would like to use.
- After Apple TV is selected (checkmark next to it) simply tap anywhere on the screen outside of that box to continue.
- Press the Play/Pause button in your app and hold it for a full second or two. The screen may flash for several seconds. Please just allow it to complete the process of flashing. We are working on making this part a little more smooth.
Watching on Apple TV
After the movie starts on your TV, you will be able to control the movie using your iPhone or iPad, or you can use the Apple TV's remote. While casting to Apple TV the VidAngel app must remain open and active.
If you want to disconnect from the TV you can easily do this by tapping on "Disconnect" in the VidAngel mobile app.
Prefer to Not Cast?
You can use your VidAngel Apple TV app. To read about this method, go here: Watch on Apple TV
If you're having trouble using Airplay with our app, you can go here for help: Troubleshoot Airplay