There are two different ways you can use your Roku device to filter with VidAngel:
1. You can download the VidAngel channel onto your Roku. To read about this method go here: Watch VidAngel on Roku
2. You can use your mobile VidAngel app to cast to your Roku. Intructions for this are below:
1. Download the VidAngel app to your mobile phone from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.
* iOS: Download iOS app here. Or search for "VidAngel" in the iTunes Store.
* ANDROID: Download the Android app here. Or search for "VidAngel" in the GooglePlay App Store.
2. Now get your Roku ready and turned on. Check that your phone is on the same WiFi network as your Roku.
3. Either browse or search for the movie/show you would like to watch. When you find something you would like to watch, set your filters and then tap on the "Watch With Amazon (or Netflix)" button.
4. The movie/show will then verify the title.
5. Once the movie/show is done verifying, you are ready to watch. Tap on the "Sent To TV" button. This will open the casting tab to allow you to pick your Roku device to cast too.
6. You should see the Roku device(s) in the purple Roku icon, indicating that your Roku is on the same internet network as the mobile app and the app can see the device.
7. Tap on the Roku device you want to use and once connected, the movie/show will start on your TV screen. The best part is, you can close the app on your phone to use it for surfing the web, cruising Facebook, or making calls. You can even turn your phone off and use the Roku remote to control the movie!
Connecting Services on the Mobile App:
- Tap on "ME" in the button menu of your VidAngel mobile app
- Select "Manage Streaming Services"
- Choose the service you want to connect to and then enter your login credentials for that service when prompted.
Click HERE for more information on getting connected to Netflix and Amazon in the VidAngel app.
Setting Filters on the Mobile App:
After choosing your movie, you can simply press the Filters button at any time to adjust your filters. Click HERE for more information about setting filters in the app.