If you're frustrated because your Apple TV+, Netflix, or Amazon won't connect to VidAngel, then you're in the right place. You could be receiving an error about your connection, invalid credentials, or getting stuck in a connection loop (where you see the "Success!" page over and over again). Please do not skip any steps (even if you did some before), they are all important to make sure you get back to watching your show ASAP.
Reset the Connection
- First, do you have a subscription to that service?
Hey, it may be obvious to some, but it's always a good idea to check the basics. If you don't have a subscription to Netflix, or to the Amazon Channel you're trying to connect to on VidAngel, then it simply won't connect.
NOTE: If your basic Amazon Video shows as connected, but not your other subscription channels (STARZ, Paramount+, Showtime, etc.), you can check out: Amazon subscription Channels won't connect
- If you were previously connected to a service, please disconnect it now. If not, skip ahead to the next step.
Disconnect on mobile
Disconnect on the website
- Using a web browser (not apps), go directly to tv.apple.com, www.netflix.com, and/or www.amazon.com. If possible, do this on the device you're using with VidAngel. Log out of the service's website, then log back in. This will initiate a new session with them.
- Return to VidAngel and re-connect to your streaming services: Connect Services
Hopefully, that did it! If not, please continue to the steps below.
Reset Everything Else
If you're still having trouble, we'd like you to try a total refresh of the things that can impact the connection. We will be asking you to do some of the same things as before, but please don't skip those steps. We promise there is a method to the madness.
You only need to do this with either your mobile app or the website, not both.
- Disconnect from the services in the VidAngel app
- Log out of the app
- Hard / Force close the app (this is especially important on an iOS device)
- Uninstall the app
- Reboot and update your mobile device
- Reboot your internet router/modem
- Reinstall the VidAngel app
- Login and try the connection again
- Disconnect from the services on the VidAngel website
- Log out of the website
- Clear your cache
- Check if the web extension needs to be updated.
You should be prompted to do this automatically if needed, but if you missed it, you can click on these links to update your browser extension for Chrome or Firefox.
- Close all tabs and reboot the computer
- Reboot your internet router/modem
- Open the VidAngel website from a Chrome or Firefox browser
- Confirm you still have the Browser Extension
- Login and try again
If needed, you can view Troubleshoot the website for more details on some of these steps.
TV apps won't connect
If you're able to connect on the website or mobile app, but that connection won't sync to your Android TV or Apple TV apps, you'll want to make sure that you are signed in with the same VidAngel account email in both places. Be sure to look closely for possible typos.
Check your VidAngel account on the website by clicking "Profile" (or your name) near the top right corner. Your account email will be at the top in blue.
Check your VidAngel account on the mobile app by tapping the "Me" menu at the bottom. Your account email will be at the top in blue.
Check your VidAngel account on the VidAngel Apple TV app by selecting "Settings" from the top menu.
You'll also want to confirm your Apple TV is linked to your VidAngel account. You can check that on the website under "Profile" > "Devices". Here is a direct link: https://www.vidangel.com/devices
Android TV and Fire TV
Check your VidAngel account on the VidAngel Android or Fire TV app by selecting "Profile" (or your name) from the top menu. Then choose "Account" to view your account email.
You'll also want to confirm your device is linked to your VidAngel account. You can check that on the website under "Profile" > "Devices". Here is a direct link: https://www.vidangel.com/devices
If you have connected your service, and the toggle has turned blue, but there's no checkmark next to the service, this can mean two things:
- You have an account with that service, but not an active subscription.
- You will need to refresh your connection on the streaming service, and then reconnect it VidAngel.