You can use VidAngel on your Samsung Smart TV by casting to it from our Android mobile app. We hope to add a smart TV app in the future. Please know that Samsung TV casting will not work if you're casting from an Apple device.
Before starting the casting process, make sure you have the most updated version of our app on your Android and that your Android is on the same WIFI as your Samsung TV, (see Cast to your TV from the mobile app).
- Connect services on the Android app
- Cast to your Samsung Smart TV
- Watching on Samsung Smart TV
- Samsung TV with built-in Apple TV
- Having Trouble?
Connect Services on the Android App
- Download the VidAngel Android app.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Watch on a phone or tablet
- In the VidAngel mobile app, click "Me" on the bottom menu and then "Manage Streaming Services"
- Connect to your streaming services' subscriptions by clicking the toggle button. Log into your streaming service account using your credentials for that specific service.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Connect streaming services on the mobile app
You’re doing great! When you are connected to your streaming services on the Android app you are ready to cast the VidAngel app to your Samsung TV.
Cast to Your Samsung Smart TV
- Find something you would like to watch, set your filters, and then tap on the "Watch with [Services]" button.
- The movie/episode will then verify.
- Once your title has been verified, select "Send to TV"
This will open the casting tab to allow you to decide which device you would like to cast to. You can choose to select "Watch Now" instead to watch directly on your mobile device.
- Select Samsung Smart TV.
This will bring up a list of available Samsung TVs on your network. Select the TV you would like to use.
- Press the Play/Pause button in your app and it should start on TV!
Watching on a Samsung Smart TV
After the movie starts on your TV, you will be able to control the movie using your phone or you can use the TV's remote. You can even close the VidAngel app on your phone and it will continue to play.
If you want to disconnect from the TV you can easily do this by tapping on "Disconnect" in the VidAngel mobile app.
Samsung TV With Built-in Apple TV
There are some Samsung Smart TVs that include Apple TV built-in. This setup will not work well with VidAngel.
If you're having trouble casting to your Samsung TV, you can go here for help: Troubleshoot casting to your Samsung Smart TV