The VidAngel channel is not yet in the Roku store but can be installed manually on your Roku. You can do this by casting to your Roku from our VidAngel mobile app. If that sounds intimidating, don't worry, we'll walk you through each step! Before you get started, be sure to have your Roku turned on and your mobile device ready to go.
- Install the VidAngel Roku Channel:
- Alternate Installation Instructions
- Don't Want to Install the Channel Right Now?
- Having Trouble?
Install the VidAngel Roku Channel
Connect Services on the Mobile App
- Download the VidAngel mobile app.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Watch on a phone or tablet
- In the VidAngel mobile app, click "Me" on the bottom menu and then "Manage Streaming Services"
- Connect to your Amazon and/or Netflix subscriptions by clicking the toggle button. Log into your streaming service account using your credentials for that specific service.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Connect streaming services on the mobile app
You’re doing great! When you are connected to your streaming services on the mobile app you are ready to install the VidAngel Channel on your Roku.
Add the VidAngel Channel to Your Roku
- In the mobile app, click "Home" on the bottom menu and select any movie
- Press "Watch with Amazon (or Netflix)" and wait for the title to verify
- Once verified, click “Send To TV” to choose a device to cast to
- Select Roku to bring up a list of available Roku devices on your network. Select your device.
NOTE: If you don’t see your device listed, make sure that your Roku and the mobile device are both on the same internet network and try again.
- After selecting your device, your Roku screen on the TV will show the VidAngel Channel. Click “Add channel” using your Roku remote.
- Enter the 4 digit code that appears on your TV screen and the VidAngel channel will install.
- You are now finished on the VidAngel mobile app, so press “Disconnect” in the app and return to the Roku
You're almost done! Just a few more steps!
Link Your Roku to Your VidAngel Account
- Open the new VidAngel channel on your Roku. By default, it will be at the bottom of the Channel's list
- Once the channel is open click "Sign In" to view a randomly generated code that you will enter on our website to log in
- Follow the instructions on your Roku screen: Using your mobile device's web browser, go to www.vidangel.com/roku/link
- If needed, log in and then you will see instructions to register your Roku device
- Verify that the device type is listed as Roku
- Name your device
- Enter the code from your Roku TV screen
- Press "Save Device”
- You will be prompted to set your Default Filters.
We highly recommend setting Default Filters, as they are automatically applied to all shows. However, they can be adjusted for individual shows later. Once your Default Filters are set, press “Save” to continue.
- Now select a title press the “Watch with Netflix (or Amazon)" button
- Once the title verifies, press “Watch Now” and sit back and enjoy your movie!
Great job! You did it!
Alternate Installation Instructions
If you don't have a smart device to cast to your Roku, or this method isn't working well for you, you can try setting up our Roku channel using a web browser instead: Watch VidAngel on Roku - alternate setup
Don't Want to Install the Channel Right Now?
If you don’t want to install the VidAngel Channel on your Roku right now (we get it, that's a lot of steps), you can still watch on your Roku! You can just cast from the VidAngel mobile app to the Roku device itself: Watch VidAngel Casting to Roku
If you're having trouble with your Roku, you can go here: Troubleshoot Roku