You use VidAngel on your Fire TV or Firestick by casting to it from our iOS or Android mobile app. We plan to add a native Fire TV app in the near future.
Before starting the casting process, make sure you have the most updated version of our app on your mobile device and that your mobile device is on the same WiFi as your Fire TV. This step is important! The devices cannot "see" each other if they are not on the same WiFi network. Dual-Band routers offer both a 2.4 and a 5 GHz signal - please be sure both devices are on the same one.
- Download the VidAngel mobile app
If you'd like more instructions, go here: Watch VidAngel on Android or iOS Mobile Device
- Find something you would like to watch, set your filters, and then tap on the "WATCH WITH AMAZON (or Netflix)" button.
- The movie/episode will then verify.
- Once your title has verified, select SEND TO TV. This will open the casting tab to allow you to decide which device you would like to cast to.
You can choose to select WATCH NOW to watch it on your mobile device.
- Select Fire TV from the menu.
You will notice that if a device is online it will show in the device icon.
- This will bring up a list of those available devices on your network. Select the device you would like to use.
- Press the Play/Pause button in your app and it should start on TV!
After the movie starts on your TV, you will be able to control the movie using your phone OR you can use the device's remote. You can even close the VidAngel app on your phone and it will continue to play.
- If you want to disconnect from the movie you can easily do this by tapping on Disconnect.
If you're having trouble with your Fire device, you can go here: Troubleshoot casting to your Fire TV or Firestick