You can use VidAngel on your Fire TV or Firestick by casting to it from our iOS or Android mobile app. We plan to add a native Fire TV app in the near future.
Before starting the casting process, make sure you have the most updated version of our app on your mobile device and that your mobile device is on the same WIFI as your Fire device, (see Cast to your TV from the mobile app).
Connect Services on the Mobile App
- Download the VidAngel mobile app.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Watch on a phone or tablet
- In the VidAngel mobile app, click "Me" on the bottom menu and then "Manage Streaming Services"
- Connect to your streaming services' subscriptions by clicking the toggle button. Log into your streaming service account using your credentials for that specific service.
If needed, you can go here for additional instructions: Connect streaming services on the mobile app
You’re doing great! When you are connected to your streaming services on the mobile app you are ready to cast the VidAngel app to your Fire device.
Cast to Your Fire Device
- Find something you would like to watch, set your filters, and then tap on the "Watch with [Service]" button.
- The movie/episode will then verify.
- Once your title has been verified, select "Send to TV"
This will open the casting tab to allow you to decide which device you would like to cast to. You can choose to select "Watch Now" instead to watch directly on your mobile device.
- Select Fire TV.
This will bring up a list of available Fire devices on your network. Select the device you would like to use.
- Press the Play/Pause button in your app and it should start on TV!
Watching on a Fire Device
After the movie starts on your TV, you will be able to control the movie using your phone or you can use the Fire device's remote. You can even close the VidAngel app on your phone and it will continue to play.
|NOTE: There is a known issue that currently, Fast Forward with the Fire remote will only work 10 seconds at a time.|
If you want to disconnect from the TV you can easily do this by tapping on "Disconnect" in the VidAngel mobile app.
If you're having trouble with your Fire device, you can go here: Troubleshoot casting to your Fire TV or Firestick