Using our mobile Android or iOS VidAngel app, you can cast VidAngel to your TV with any of these devices:
Before starting the casting process, make sure you have the updated version of our app on your mobile device. You can check for any app updates in your device's App Store.
If you don't already have the app:
Download the iOS app here. Or search for "VidAngel" in the iTunes Store.
Download the Android app here. Or search for "VidAngel" in the GooglePlay Store.
If you need additional help getting set up on our app, go here: Watch VidAngel on an Android or iOS mobile device
Next, check that your phone is on the same WiFi network as the device you are casting to. This step is important! The devices cannot "see" each other if they are not on the same WiFi network. Dual-Band routers offer a 2.4G and a 5G network, so make sure both devices are on the same one.
Now that your app is updated and on the correct WiFi, we can cast to your TV:
- Find something you would like to watch, set your filters, and then tap on the "WATCH WITH AMAZON (or Netflix)" button.
- The movie/episode will then verify.
- Once your title has verified, selected SEND TO TV. This will open the casting tab to allow you to decide which device you would like to cast to.
You can choose to select WATCH NOW to watch it on your mobile device.
- Select the device you want to use.
- This will bring up a list of those available devices on your network. Select the device you would like to use.
- Press the Play/Pause button in your app and it should start on TV!
After the movie starts on your TV, you will be able to control the movie using your phone OR you can use the device's remote. You can even close the VidAngel app on your phone and it will continue to play (The only exception to this is if you're AirPlaying to an Apple TV the app must remain open and active).
- If you want to disconnect the movie from the TV device, you can easily do this by tapping on Disconnect.
If you're having trouble with casting, you can go to one of these articles for help:
Troubleshoot casting to your Fire TV or Firestick
Troubleshoot casting to your Roku
Troubleshoot casting to your Samsung Smart TV