Parental Controls are filters that will be locked. They cannot be changed without going to our website and entering your Parental Passcode. Parental Controls allow you to lock filters and they will apply across all Profiles. Any title, new or previously watched, will have these filters applied.
- How to setup Parental Controls
- Locked Filters on apps
- Interacting with connected services parental controls
How to Setup Parental Controls
- Go to the VidAngel website and select "Profile" (or your name) and then "Settings".
Here is a direct link: www.vidangel.com/account
- Under the "Parental Controls" section, click the text "Set Parental Controls".
- If this is your first time activating Parental Controls, you'll need to create a Passcode.
If you are returning, simply enter the Passcode you previously created.
- Once you have entered the Passcode, you can add or remove any filters you wish to have locked in your account. These filters cannot be changed unless you return to the Parental Controls and enter your Passcode.
- If you cannot remember your "Parental Passcode" you can reach out for assistance HERE and include the last 4 digits of the card that is used for billing on your account so we can verify you are the adult on the account.
Locked Filters on apps
Right now, Parental Controlled Filters that are locked will show a locked icon (shown below) for those filters on the website, but this icon does not yet show up on our apps. Even if the locked filters are de-selected on the apps, they are still locked and you will see this if you refresh the page. We're working on making this a more consistent visual experience across all VidAngel devices, but in the meantime, please be assured that your Parental Filters are locked on all devices.
Interacting with connected services parental controls
If you'd like to know how VidAngel interacts with the Parental Controls from Amazon and Netflix, you can check out these articles: