Get the VidAngel app to watch with filters on your Apple TV. Before you get started, make sure your Apple TV is at least a 4th generation and that you have easy access to your Apple TV and a device with a web browser. You'll need to access the VidAngel website to link your Apple TV to your VidAngel account.
- Install the VidAngel Apple TV app
- Watch on Apple TV
- Prefer to Cast (Airplay)?
- Samsung TV With built-in Apple TV
- Having Trouble?
Install the VidAngel Apple TV app
- Make sure your Apple TV is up to date: Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software
- Download the VidAngel app from the Apple Store.
- In the app select on "Sign in to Account"
NOTE: If you need to create an account, go to www.vidangel.com
Click here if you need more instructions on how to get started with our service.
- Select " Link Account w/ Code"
A randomly generated code will automatically pop up on your TV screen with instructions telling you to visit our webpage where you will enter the device code provided on your screen and link your device to your VidAngel account.
- On a web browser type in the web link listed on your tv screen: https://www.vidangel.com/appletv
- Name your device and then enter that code from your TV screen. Press "Save Device"
- Click "Continue" again and you can set up your Default Filters. Click "Save"
NOTE: In addition to Default Filters, you can also select Show-specific Filters and Parental Control Filters.
Watch on Apple TV
- Make sure you are connected to your other streaming services: Connect streaming services on the Apple TV app
- Select a show in the VidAngel app.
- If desired, adjust Filters by selecting the "Filters" button.
- Select "Watch with Amazon (or Netflix)" and wait for the title to verify.
- Select "Watch Now" and enjoy your show!
Prefer to Cast (Airplay)?
You can use your VidAngel mobile app (iOS only) to Airplay to your Apple TV. To read about this method, go here: Cast to an Apple TV (Airplay)
Samsung TV With Built-in Apple TV
There are some Samsung Smart TVs that include Apple TV built-in. This setup will not work well with VidAngel. However, you can try casting to your Samsung TV through an Android device: Cast to a Samsung Smart TV
If you're having trouble with installing the the VidAngel app or with watching on your Apple TV, you can go here for help: Troubleshoot Apple TV